Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2012

An evening with Agatha Ruiz de la Prada.


This post is quite (and when I say quite I mean super) over-due, but I had these pics in the backburner and I'm dusting them off now I have some free time. 

Last Valentine's Day my Fashion school organized a runway with a very special guest: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada! All the fashion design alumni had to create an outfit inspired by the designer's work. The result? An invasion of over-the-top, colorful and extremely creative garments (there even was a lit-up bird cage!). The students really outdid themselves in such a talented display, +and some of them are not even 15! 

My pics aren't really good because I got to the show a little late (I got lost trying to get there oops!) but still, have a peek at the students' amazing creations. After the show there was a little cocktail in one of the museum's gallery and Ms. De La Prada greeted the young students and signed some of their garments. 



The event's dress code was, obviously, colorful (it is said that Ms. de la Prada despises black) and there were some very interesting outfits at the event. Here are some pics of the runway and some colorful outfits during the cocktail. 






















Anna Fusoni + me! 
 Oh and the highlight of the night for me was meeting Anna Fusoni, a hugely important person in the Fashion Indsutry in LatinAmerica, once a winner of Vogue's Prix de Paris, worked with Diana Vreeland and established the first Fashion Week in México. Naturally, I'm a huge admirer of her work and contribution to Mexico's Fashion and it was an honor to meet her. Hopefully in the future I'll get to interview her. 

 What do you think of Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's work? Pretty colorful or too over the top?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...